Remote & Distance Learning
Tools and resources to navigate distance learning during COVID-19
As countries around the world take steps to contain COVID-19, many schools are looking at remote, distance learning and moving classes online. Educators are working hard to ensure their students continue learning even when they’re not able to sit side-by-side in a classroom.
Check out these tools and resources to manage classrooms and engage students remotely.
SOFTWARE & RESOURCES
Access to complimentary software
SMART Learning Suite Online
Available through any web browser, SMART Learning Suite Online enables students to connect remotely to live lessons delivered by teachers and engage in real-time with lesson activities.
SMART Notebook Basic
SMART Notebook Basic gives educators abundant interactive lesson possibilities with many features that teachers can use such as create, edit and deliver engaging lessons for students.
Connecting Classrooms With At-Home Learning
Virtual Learning Resources
- SMART | Leverage ready-made lessons and activities to share out with students today – Learn More >
- SMART Exchange | Free Classroom Resources – Learn More >
Google Hangout Meet
Video conferencing tool available to all G Suite users, and Google Classroom, to join classes remotely from home.
- Larger meetings, for up to 250 participants per call
- Live streaming for up to 100,000 viewers within a domain
- The ability to record meetings and save them to Google Drive
Microsoft Teams for Education provides an online classroom so students and teachers can find new ways to continue to focus on learning.
Free for schools and universities, Teams provides an online classroom that brings together virtual face-to-face connections, assignments, files and conversations into a single place accessible on either mobile, tablet, PC or browser.
Webex Meetings offers teachers a way to connect easily with students anywhere, anytime.
- Webex for School Teachers: Teaching virtually
- Webex for Students: Join class wherever you are
- Webex for Parents: Maintain your child’s education
- Webex for Faculty: Keep your class moving forward
With a free Zoom Meetings license, users have access to all the audio and video conferencing and group collaboration features needed, including:
- An unlimited number of video meetings with up to 100 participants
- Breakout rooms
- Private and group chats
FrontRow Teacher Edition
Teacher Edition enables teachers to easily capture their lessons in real-time and share them online. Teacher Edition records the computer screen, teacher’s voice and any audio played through the sound system and saves it as an MP4 file so that students can review it at any time, even on their mobile devices.
45-Day free trial available
RevCapture allows educators to record, edit and post lessons for students making online learning much more convenient.
- Easily record your lesson with voice via the app
- Record presentations or training sessions for future playback or posting elsewhere
HARDWARE & TOOLS
Document Cameras for live demonstration or streaming
- 4K resolution with a built-in microphone
- 16x digital zoom
- Captures true 4K at 30fps or full HD at 60fps
- Built-in microphone; record lessons
- HD 1080p resolution
- 16x digital zoom